At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
The Contracts Counsel provides sales-related contract services to the applicable Emerson Automation Solutions business units and/or world area.
- Reviews, drafts, and negotiates agreements and transaction documents in compliance with applicable policies and legal and ethical standards, under the supervision (as required) of more senior Contracts Services staff, including in:
- Responding, within established guidelines, to customers' RFP/RFQs, vendor qualification documents and contractual requests
- Drafting and negotiating with customers, appropriate contractual language to reflect the business interests and policies of the parties
- Take the Contracts Lead role on less complex international and multi-business unit project contracts and less complex frame agreements for a single world area
- Takes the Contracts Lead role (including the Global Contracts Lead role on GSAP accounts) on more complex projects and frame agreements as experience develops
- Participates in the approval process to assist business owners in making informed decisions and secure appropriate approvals
- Interfaces with customers, members of the legal team, and other stakeholders to bring deals to closure
- Analyzes business, financial, and legal risks
- Researches information on existing agreements and contractual programs, assisting with analysis and compiling data for reports
- Provides contract-related guidance to Sales, Project Management, and other stakeholders
- Conducts legal research
- Provides legal advice and interpretation of legal matters, including the application of the law
- Provides direction to outside counsel on routine matters
- Will be required to obtain IACCM CCM Expert Certification
- Law degree required; Must be licensed to practice law in the applicable jurisdiction
- 2+ years of experience in a contracts-related role
- Knowledgeable in contract law and principles
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website