At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a Cybersecurity services professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! This position could be based our of our Round Rock (Austin), TX, Houston, TX or St. Louis, MO locations. You will be implementing cybersecurity solutions for process control systems at customer's sites around the world. The process control industries have many critical applications and require a high degree of safety and availability. You will be part of a team that delivers global services to protect such systems and support Information Technology (IT) architecture against cyber-attacks.
AS A CYBERSECURITY ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
Implement security tools and solutions in process control systems, ensuring systems are properly configured, optimized, and tested.
Perform integration testing of cybersecurity solutions on control system environments
Review customer's security procedures and concepts.
Analyze risks and threats to process control systems.
Train users on supported security products and procedures.
Collaborate with senior engineers and consultants as well as customers in developing best practices and security standards.
Draft technical and security related documents, controls, and packages for customers as well as peer documentation based on your security expertise.
Work to understand our customers' security concerns and requirements.
Perform cybersecurity assessments of control systems and surrounding IT infrastructure.
Validate cybersecurity solutions while collaborating with internal test groups to assure the expected functionality is comprehensive and correct.
Give technical advice, recommendations, and presentations to convince customers to adopt/accept proposed cybersecurity solutions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 5 or more years of related practical IT work experience.
- Solid experience related to the implementation of cybersecurity solutions or cybersecurity standards and initiatives.
- Experience and knowledge of defense-in-depth, trust levels, privileges, and permissions.
- Practical experience with security software such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), antivirus, whitelisting technologies, patch management solutions, firewalls, routing/switching, packet analysis, among others.
- Travel requirements is 50% of time minimum.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience with cybersecurity standards, frameworks and practices adopted by multiple industries (e.g. ISA99/IEC 62443, NERC, NIST, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with ability to clearly communicate technical information to a range of audiences.
- Highly motivated to work in the security area and interact with customers.
- CISSP / GICSP cybersecurity certifications, or similar accreditation from recognized entities such as SANS, ISACA, (ISC)2.
- Experience in design, implementation, or life cycle support of process automation and control systems.
- Experience with Industrial Control System challenges in multiple industries.
Apply on company website