At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
By joining Emerson as an Embedded Software Development Engineer, you will work in an international development team located in Cluj, Romania.
As part of the European OEM solutions team based in Aachen, you will put your skills to the test in order to develop efficient controller solutions for our customers in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry.
If you are an open-minded team-player, ready to improve your skill-set alongside our expert team, then join our company!
- Take part in meetings with customers to understand their requirements and seek appropriate solutions;
- Write Embedded C for refrigerant circuit controllers;
- Write IsaGraf applications on programmable platforms;
- Test designed application software in-house or at customer sites;
- Qualification: Bachelors/master's in engineering focused on Software development;
- Experience in using programming languages: Embedded C is a must, while experience with other languages like Structured text, C++, C# in Microsoft .NET environment, PLC programming is an advantage;
- Knowledge of communication protocols like Modbus, TCPIP and I2C;
- Awareness of MATLAB Simulink;
- Basic hardware design knowledge of micro controllers;
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal;
- Availability to travel (around 20-30 % of the time);
Apply on company website