At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
We are looking for a passionate and driven European Proposal Manager to manage front and back office tendering, associated function resources, and deliver in a timely manner to customer RFQs for SCADA and Terminal Systems.
You will manage the delivery of good quality sales tenders against agreed timescales, and you will coordinate methodical and accurate tender cost preparation and analysis, sometimes in close collaboration with Strategic Procurement.
This person will also research and deploy good sales support material for proposals and pre qualifications documentation, and will maintain good customer and supplier relations where appropriate.
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Dudley/Leicester!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
• Register assess for viability and distribute internally all enquiries.
• Prepare tenders within bid submission timescales.
• Maintain update of the Sales Order Data Sheet
• Vet incoming enquiries with respect to Conditions of Contract
• Compile and present Tender Approval documents.
• Conduct negotiation with suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Present tender proposal internally as required.
• Coordinate project launch following order placement;
• Provide sales support on and off site may include some international travel.
• Train and develop tendering support functions globally including back office.
• Undertake revisions of tendering related procedures for inclusion within the CQMS;
• Communicate good working/engineering practices with other members of the Company;
• As required, supply a regular update on progress and issues to the line manager on tender activities.
• Report security incidents, potential incidents or other information security risks
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
• University degree or Diploma in Business studies or skilled with relevant industrial experience.
• Requisite knowledge - Microsoft Office suite, DCS or SCADA Systems, programmable control devices and protocols,
• Understanding of process control instrumentation and telemetry communications.
• Experience in a commercial supporting role within an engineering and services support organization, preferably in process control and/or industrial computing.
• Experience in managing other proposal engineers or an aptitude to do so.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a European Proposal Manager, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website