At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today. Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Directly responsible for the successful commissioning of combustion turbine control systems
- Engage in implementation and testing phases of combustion turbine controls projects
- Effective member of project team
- Support of factory system configuration and testing
- Supervision of control system retrofits and installations
- Site project management and scheduling
- Verification and functional testing of I/O interfaces to field devices
- Calibration and tuning of electro-hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic valve interfaces
- Knowledge and commissioning of turbine generator excitation and protection systems
- Functional testing of gas turbine, auxiliary and balance of plant equipment
- Tuning and optimization of PID controllers and control schemes
- Provide combustion turbine interface knowledge and expertise to management, product line engineers and suppliers to accomplish assignment
- Identifying and communicating areas for process and design improvements to management
- Compliance with internal and customer safety and security requirements
- Experience working with contractors and union labor
- Fostering smooth collaboration and communication with project stake holders (internal project teams, customer project teams and onsite contractors)
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrable expertise and experience with combustion turbine fuel control, sequencing and protection philosophies
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem-solving, decision-making and planning skills
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and commissioning documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers. Ability to interface with vendors, sub-contractors and union labor.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Experience working for a major turbine manufacturer or turbine controls vendor (e.g. GE, Siemens, Westinghouse, ABB, Alstom, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Toshiba, Pratt and Whitney, Rolls Royce, etc.)
- Combustion Turbine Generation process knowledge (e.g. Speed and Load control, Fuel Governor, Sequencing and Auxiliaries, BOP, HRSG, Combined Cycle, AGC, Isochronous and Droop controls, etc.)
- Proficiency with ISA and SAMA logic symbols, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams ((P&IDs), electrical, mechanical and hydraulic schematics
- Experience with designing and implementing control system configuration changes
- Proficiency with configuring database, logic and HMIs of one or more DCS platforms (e.g. Emerson Ovation, ABB/Bailey INFI 90, Siemens T3000, GE Mark VI, Mitsubishi DIASYS Netmation, Invensys, Woodward Micronet etc.)
Extensive overnight travel (at least 70%) by land and/or air to company facilities and customer sites.
A bachelors of science in engineering, electrical engineering or computer science.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website