At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are an administrative professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Pittsburgh, PA location, you will perform a variety of confidential administrative duties with the Human Resources department and will be closely supporting the Human Resources Vice President.
AS THE HUMAN RESOURCES CONFIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, YOU WILL:
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department
- Prepare and distribute company and HR related communications
- Process and maintain department records and confidential material
- Coordinate the Power & Water Solutions Educational Assistance Program
- Administer the Employee Service Awards Program
- Coordinate Background Checks
- Support the Power & Water Solutions Talent Acquisition process
- Assist in the overall preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual planning processes
- Assist in data entry and pulling reports in Oracle HCM
- Assist in coordination of employee events
- Support the COVID response team
- Support and coordinate broader HR programs, initiatives and processes
WHO YOU ARE:
You follow through on commitments. You keep confidences. You act fairly despite conflicting demands of stakeholders. You quickly and decisively take actions in fact-changing, unpredictable situations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High school graduate or the equivalent
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of word processing equipment/appropriate software packages and other job-related office equipment is required including Oracle
- Must be able to accurately type forty words per minute and complete a skills evaluation of a wide range of Microsoft software packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be skilled or be able to learn collaborative virtual communication tools (WebEx, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience working in Human Resources and desire to pursue a long term HR career
- Experience with a wide range of existing technologies and interest to adopt new and emerging options that can enhance organizational outcomes
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website