At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Emerson Automation Solutions is actively seeking candidates to fill an Intermediate Engineer position to perform the design, implementation, testing, and startup of Process Control Systems for our clients in the Life Science and related industries. At Emerson, Intermediate Engineers are key members of a diverse team of professionals developing solutions for our client's most complex automation challenges.
An Intermediate Automation Engineer Specializing in Hardware Application Engineer will provide project engineering of network architecture, control system design, control panel design, system integration, field bus segment design, and interface to control devices. The candidate will work with customers and our Life Science Engineering and Solutions Center engineers and project managers. This position is in Philadelphia, PA, with the future prospect of relocation to Durham, NC.
Successful Intermediate Engineers can quickly develop good working relationships with the Emerson project team and client project team. They participate significantly in design, implementation, testing and plant startup phases of a project in a collaborative, team member role. Additionally, they work closely with project management and the technical team to meet requirements for quality, budget and schedule. Travel to various customer project sites is required.
- Technical responsibility for design of control system on grass-roots and upgrade projects
- Work on a project team with other professionals
- Correctly apply current and new product technologies such as DeltaV control system
- Estimate controls hardware design and implementation efforts
- Manage scope and meet project schedules
- Execute rigorous system testing
- Work closely with drafters and designers
- Lead the creation of: network architectures, instrument index/IO, control panel layouts, loop / schematic design, field bus segment design, hardware testing documents
- Possess working knowledge of: instrument specifications, conduit/cable tray layouts, cable schedules, instrument location drawings, and P&IDs
- Plan and execute site acceptance tests, commissioning, and start-up or hot-cutover at customer manufacturing sites
- Work with the technical lead and the other technical disciplines, project management and customer representatives across multiple projects to deliver quality results
- Work with multiple engineering offices as part of a cohesive team
- Perform independently under the leadership of project management
- Participate in the start-up of complex systems at the client facility
- Have a basic understanding of the project scope and financials; identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management
- Proactively develop customer relationships giving high priority to customer satisfaction
- Support the framing and quoting of projects.
Relocation is available for this position.Requirements
- BS in Electrical Engineering plus 2-6 years' experience on process control system (DCS or PLC) design and implementation, or,
- 6-10 year's experience on process control system (DCS or PLC) design and implementation
- Familiar with applicable industry codes and processes
- Possess the proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable and professional working with customers, building and maintaining relationships
- Must be comfortable in plant site clean rooms and utility areas, and possess the ability to negotiate staircases, ladders, scaffolding, and catwalks
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time to project locations (typically 6 to 8 weeks but can be several months)
- Design and implementation experience using the DeltaV process control system on Life Sciences projects.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website