At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Lead Technician is a team leader of 6 to 8 technicians and will oversee lab operations on 2nd shift in the air conditioning compressor performance testing laboratory. In addition to being a coach and mentor to the team, the Lead Technician will work alongside other technicians supporting new product development, lean daily management practices, and other duties required in the laboratory.
Assign project tasks to lab technicians to coordinate lean workflow and execution of business priorities/projects (20%)
- Support hands-on project work (80%)
- Pro-actively engage with lab management to set and implement team goals aligned with department values, vision, mission, and objectives
- Lead "lean daily management" tiered meeting
- Prepare lab for annual UL audit per ISO 17025 standards
- Develop & maintain logs of critical lab operations records to pro-actively resolve bottlenecks
- Prepare preventative maintenance and calibration plans to help ensure an effective & safe working environment
- Responsible for 6S, continuous improvement, and standardization activities in the lab
- Provide performance coaching/mentoring to lab technicians through annual appraisal process
- Associate degree in technical discipline or equivalent and 5+ years of experience or equal combination of education and experience
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex projects into actionable tasks, create realistic time line and execute tasks
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other lab groups and product engineering
- Proven computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication (written & verbal) skills
Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, HVAC, Industrial Operations, or other engineering/manufacturing related degree and 15+ years relevant experience
Hands-on experience working with compressor lab testing equipment (calorimeter, mass flow stand, locked rotor, plug reversal, break-in run), and data acquisition systems (Synergy, Yokogawa, etc.)
Experience in developing testing procedures, training documents and creating logs if critical lab operational records
Understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 compliance requirements for laboratory operations and experience in preparing laboratory for annual ISO/IEC 17025, UL 1995 audits
In-depth understanding of performance test lab daily metrics and KPIs
Leadership experience with direct reports
Experience in Quality; ASQ Certification preferred
Basic/intermediate level understanding of statistics, physics, and math
Excellent presentation skills
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website