At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Located in Louisville since the 1950s, TopWorx is a business unit of Emerson Automation Solutions. We are a leading global provider of valve control and position sensing solutions for the process industries. Our solutions enable plants, platforms, and pipelines to manage and control operations more intelligently, safely, and efficiently under the most demanding, harsh, and extreme environments. We continue to expand distribution around the world and create new and re-engineered products and solutions for our customers.
To maintain superior customer focus, we are seeking a Machinist to join our team. This position will be responsible for successful quality and manufacturing coordination of production facilities worldwide. Position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Under the direction of a supervisor, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC press brake and conventional machines such as but not limited to lathes, drill presses and milling machines.
- Responsible for the fabrication of fixtures, jigs, brackets and other parts, including welding, grinding, tapping, forming, deburring, and inspection for conformance to requirements.
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, simple edits and setup requirements.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality or production. Reports all machine malfunctions to immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Comply with state and federal law, Company policies, and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education / Experience
- Two years directly related machine and tooling training and/or equivalent apprenticeship.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience operating manual and CNC machines such as lathes and milling machines in a manufacturing setting.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Highly skilled in reading drawings and specifications with an intermediate understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions.
- In depth knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, bore gages and indicators.
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts, and other accessories used on various machines.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment and able to deal with competing demands.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry, and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Willing to run multiple machines independently or in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, mechanical and problem-solving skills.
- No direct reports.
Work Environment / Conditions
- We have a business casual atmosphere with an emphasis on professionalism and expertise
TopWorx offers a competitive benefits package including
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Match
- Profit Sharing
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Paid Life Insurance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen & Criminal Background Check
We have made the decision not to provide sponsorship for work authorization to any candidate. If you do not have valid authorization to work in the United States, or your current authorization will require sponsorship on the part of this company, you will not be considered for employment opportunities.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website