At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a Manager of Software Test Automation looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Austin, location, you will lead a dynamic team building an entire test automation architecture for a large, complex system involving software and hardware. Do you have experience in designing and implementing large test automation systems? We are looking for an exceptional leader to lead the design and development of large-scale automated software test systems for the world leading DeltaV process control system. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in leading the successful implementation of large test automation systems using a variety of technologies and techniques.
AS A MANAGER OF SOFTWARE TEST AUTOMATION, YOU WILL:
- Manage and lead a team of engineers in Austin and other world areas for the design, implementation, and continual improvement of an end-to-end automated software testing system
- Oversee the technical execution of test automation strategy including the roadmap, tools, framework and overall approach
- Document processes, build business cases, and lead automation- and validation-related initiatives across the organization
- Work closely with development teams to ensure test automation meets the quality goals set by the organization
- With the support of the team, present technical specifications of the test automation architecture to various levels of management
- Define and report key performance metrics around automated testing
- Develop and analyze new requirements and ensure new features are considered in test automation for a consistent experience across development
- Recruit and hire team members as well as address any employee relations issues within the team
- Complete timely and thorough annual performance reviews, career development plans and annual salary planning for direct reports
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field and 8 years of related experience or a master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field and 7 years of related experience
- With a focus on innovation, the ability to lead a team to design, build and implement a large-scale test automation system
- Three years of experience managing or leading a team to implement an automated test program in a complex environment.
- Extensive experience in building and using automated software test frameworks
- Experience in developing software applications using Agile methodologies
- Proven success in driving large-scale initiatives to completion
- Ability to work cross functionally with many groups, both locally and around the world
- Ability to successfully work with product managers and developers to verify and validate our software product
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to document processes, build business cases, and share ideas amongst the entire development team and various levels of management
- Ability to clearly set priorities, goals, and limits both within a team and throughout a project
- Ability to travel occasionally including internationally
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience with developing software following the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Appium/Selenium, Google Test, and NUnit
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website