At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.SUMMARY
Responsible for developing manufacturing processes and methods to machine, fabricate and assemble components and finished products. Develop and implement solutions to manufacturing related problems. Analyze and improve current processes to reduce manufacturing costs, improve quality and value to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Use of CAD/CAM systems to develop fixtures, tooling and CNC machining programs.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods to achieve cost reduction and improve competitive advantages.
- Researches new manufacturing methods and recommends capital improvement projects.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Participates in design reviews with PDAC Teams and Design Staff to ensure efficient and capable production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, design engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Implement Engineering Changes or New Product introductions into manufacturing system on a timely basis.
- Applies statistical methods to determine manufacturing process capability.
- Develop Work Instructions and tooling data sheets for production employees.
- Assist Production Departments in solving manufacturing problems.
Other duties may be assigned; also punctuality and attendance are an essential element of this job.Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website