At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Test and troubleshoot complex microprocessor control modules to the component level using test equipment such as scopes, meters, analyzers and emulators.
- Interface closely with Engineering and QC during the start-up of new products and diagnostic analysis of existing and returned products.
- Support LEAN process improvement and safety initiatives in assigned area.
- Required to stay in the position for at least 12 months after training is completed, if the Company invests $1000.00 or more for training, including T&L.
Education and Experience
- 2 year associates degree in electronics or equivalent
- Must be able to read schematics
- Illustrate efficient use of scopes, meters or logic analyzers
- Proficient in analyze and troubleshooting micro processor circuit boards.
- Demonstrated mechanical assembly skills including point to point wiring.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- Take responsibly for keeping work area free of hazards. Adhere to all established safe work practices
Quality Training Requirements
- Level 3
- 4 year degree
- Experience in troubleshooting on PLC and OI family of products.
- Experience working with database and/or spreadsheet applications.
- Works flexibly & actively to meet business priorities
- Seek & offers willingness to help/train whenever possible
- Seeks opportunities to grow skills and learn new tasks
- Actively participates in Six Sigma projects (i.e. data gathering, analysis and reporting)
- Must be able to work sudden changes in work direction and have demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Must be a highly motivated team player and able to work with minimum supervision.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website