At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Establishes production plan and develops master schedule and daily load to support the sales and operations plan, inventory, and customer service objectives. Plans and schedules usage of raw materials, components and capacity consistent with the projected forecasts to support the sales and operations plan.
- Develops master production schedule for assigned product, providing sufficient lead time to procure raw materials and manufacturing components to meet production forecast requirements.
- Establishes daily production schedules to determine in which sequence products and components will be manufactured.
- Monitors schedules to assist departmental personnel in achieving the goals of the production plan.
- Makes or recommends revisions to existing production schedules.
- Supervise Production Planning personnel to align production plans with customer demand.
- Reviews, analyzes and edits nonstandard orders against a defined set of input requirements.
- Identifies discrepancies and communicate with appropriate personnel to resolve discrepancies.
- Processes non-standard orders promptly and accurately to provide the next operation with requested set of output requirements.
- Communicates and/or initiates systems information relating to manufacturing system.
- Champion change by supporting Lean Management team to make substantial step changes in the operation through Kaizen events.
- Monitors and maintains accurate records and proper planning data for assigned items.
- Coordinates the implementation of changes, which effect production of assigned items.
- Performs transactions necessary to maintain accurate records and inventory balances.
- Follows all 5S practices and supports lean activities, as well as safety regulations policies and procedures.
Reporting & Analytics
- Becomes familiar with and reviews item forecast versus actual demand patterns, making appropriate adjustments to maintain inventory levels.
- Work closely with other functional areas to drive and own KPI's such as Promise Date service level, Customer Request Date service level, past due backlog and lead time.
- Assist Project Management team with clearly identifying and communicating customer expectations to all team members for project orders and drive using master schedule.
- Communicates to sales and operations planning by providing input and feedback to management personnel.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- A minimum of 5 years job related manufacturing experience involving Operations Metrics, Revenue Growth and Mix, Cost Reduction and Productivity, Asset Utilization and Optimizing the Supply Chain Strategy
- APICS certified in CPIM or CSCP
- Demonstrated experience in manufacturing planning and scheduling
- Highly proficient in an ERP environment, preferably, Oracle
- Experience working with Bills of Materials
- Proficient data analysis skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website