At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
By joining us as an MES Engineer you will be responsible for the design, implementation and testing of project specific Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and system integration solutions (like LIMS or ERP) to clients, primarily in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, to enhance cutting edge process automation solutions meeting customer requirements.
Furthermore, reporting to the MES Team Leader, you will collaborate with clients and sales teams to assist in definition of business needs and demonstrate our product and services capabilities.
If you are a driven professional with strong problem-solving skills and can-do attitude, then we are inviting you to join our team in Kundl, Austria!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Be responsible and work in a team for selected areas of the overall solution, to define scope, sizing, system / operational requirements, integration requirements, support project estimations and ensure execution methodology (e.g. client interviews; documentation analysis).
- Take overall responsibility for specific area of the solution.
- Create prototypes to develop and demonstrate special project features.
- Develop functional and detailed designs, implement and test complex MES (Syncade) solutions using both custom developed software applications and configured products that meet client requirements and create technical documentation to a standard required for validated facilities.
- Lead design and code reviews.
- Support the relevant Lead Engineer in understanding, managing and achieving each customer's expectations.
- Provide the Lead Engineer with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of progress.
- Ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company's quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved.
- Assist clients with resolving application problems and installing software upgrades as well as patches for MES systems.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Technical Degree e.g. Computer Science, Chemical Engineering or Control Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a related process industry such as Biotech/Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Food and Beverage with at least 5 years in MES project execution (requirements analysis, design definition, software development and solutions implementation).
- In-depth working experience in FDA regulated industries; knowledge of cGMP, 21 CFR part11 and validation;
- Good knowledge and solid experience with MES systems (e.g. Syncade, Rockwell ProPack Data, Werum PAS-X, POMSnet).
- Working knowledge of SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience with ERP interfacing (e.g. SAP) or other level 4 solutions is a plus.
- Knowledge of process automation solutions is a plus.
Knowledge of active directory, DNS, IP networks and virtualization is a plus;
- Microsoft literacy;
Language skills: English and German – fluent (written and spoken);
- Willingness to travel within Austria or to other world areas for training, assignments at customer sites if necessary (e.g. Germany and Switzerland), this requires a valid car driving license
WHO YOU ARE:
You are self-motivated, goals-oriented, customer focused individual, passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as an MES Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website