At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Responsibilities
• Works with the ADP Payroll service team, business unit and Payroll Systems Analyst to ensure accurate and timely payroll payments to employees, students and retirees for each monthly pay period. Facilitates close communication to ensure alignment and execution of agreed payroll calendar/payroll activities.
• Acquires and maintains knowledge on payroll processes, legislative requirements and all knowledge relating to payroll for Germany. Attend periodic payroll training to maintain levels of proficiency.
• Perform data entry activities specific for Germany payroll – capital formation, semi-retirement, garnishments, tax and social security, private pensions
• Serves as point of contact for mass loading of payroll data into Oracle HCM or the vendor systems.
• Responsible to follow up on the review of all output investigations and corrections of errors associated with the auditing of the payroll data. Reviews business unit's feedback on payroll reports and ensure that business unit/HR Operations team complete any necessary updates on HCM/HRIS systems.
• Supports the Payroll Systems Analyst in the processing of payroll interfaces, identification of possible interface specification changes and regression testing requirements.
• Conducts pre-payroll and post-payroll audits to ensure information sent to payroll vendor is accurate.
• Liaise with business unit to receive formal sign-off of pre payroll calculations in timely manner to ensure compliance with payroll calendars.
• Acts as primary point of contact with employees/retirees, where necessary liaising with the payroll vendor to provide timely and accurate responses.
• Acts as primary point of contact with tax and social security authorities, liaising with payroll vendor for support and expertise.
• Co-ordinate with payroll vendor to provide consultancy on wage tax and social security topics for the business unit.
• Co-ordinate with business unit to ensure data on payroll-related absence (long-term sick leave, parental leave etc) is provided for payroll processing.
• Provide simulated pay slips for employees for potential future payroll changes using ADP test software.
• Maintain HCM and ADP data integrity and confidentiality. Responsible for maintaining all payroll related documentation.
• To provide excellent customer service to customers by timely response, accurate information, proactive assistance and accurate and timely information processing.
• Bachelors Degree in Payroll, Human Resources, Finance, Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
• German language skills.
• Experience of Germany payroll would be advantageous
• 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably in a multi-division company.
• Experience with HR/Payroll applications
• Must be able to use Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
• Ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision
• Ability to prioritize tasks based upon urgency and to function effectively within a rapid-paced environment
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Must be detail-oriented and conscious of data confidentiality requirements
• Good written and oral communication skills.
Apply on company website