At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Calibration Equipment Tech for the plant is responsible for providing support to the Engineering Department regarding current projects, activities and future developments of butterfly valves. In addition, this role will assist Engineers with RMA engineering evaluation and testing and calibrating lab equipment in preparation for specific tasks.
- Assist with testing and calibrating lab equipment in preparation for specific tasks
- Monitor and assist with product testing
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic)
- Verification of parts against drawings
- Disassembles various equipment for salvage of parts
- Perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment, as required
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly
- AS Degree in a Mechanical or Instrumentation function
- 2 to 4 years general mechanical and/or assembly experience with butterfly valves, preferred
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, understand materials terminology and manufacturing techniques, preferred
- Strong technical and or mechanical background/aptitude, required
- Machining and Welding skills, preferred
- Ability to effectively operate a forklift
- Ability and willingness to accept direction in fulfilling assigned tasks
- Ability to pass a fit for duty test in order to work with cranes, tools, and fixtures in a safe, competent, and efficient manner
- Communicates Effectively
- Tech Savvy
- Business Insight
- Customer Focus
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website