At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Emerson Professional Tools is a business unit of Emerson Electric, a Fortune 500 company, representing the RIDGID, Greenlee and Klauke brands. We believe that team collaboration is the key to delivering on our brand promise. Our people are passionate about working together to solve challenging problems for our customers and our business. Our products and tools are used by millions of trade professionals worldwide. Our products incorporate diverse opinions to bring high quality, new solutions to market. These products are distributed across the globe through a distributor channel network of industrial, wholesale, and retail partners (i.e., Grainger, Ferguson, Sonepar, The Home Depot, etc.). Our end-customers are primarily Plumbing / Mechanical / Electrical contractors, as well as Industrial/Institutional organizations.
RIDGID (Elyria, OH) is a global leader in pipe-working tools (threading, pressing, underground inspection, drain cleaning, hand tools, etc); Greenlee (Rockford, IL) is a global leader in electrical tools (hole making, bending, pulling, crimping, hand tools, etc); and Klauke (Remscheid, Germany) is a global leader in electrical connection technology and hydraulic tools (crimping, cutting and punching). RIDGID, Greenlee and Klauke are the brands of choice when a job requires purpose-built, durable and dependable tools that perform in the most demanding conditions. Similarly, these brands are recognized as the industry leaders for incorporating new technology to produce innovative tools for the trade professional.
What is a Product Market Manager for Press Connection Marketing?
The Market Manager is expected to lead critical projects such as: driving pressing adoption across existing channels and market verticals, identifying new business opportunities, leading segment-based initiatives, market research, and supporting new product development activities. This role is located in our World HQ in Elyria (just a little west of Cleveland), Ohio USA.
The Market Manager will work in a dynamic team environment, alongside Engineering, Sales, IT and Marketing Communications. They will have a deep understanding of what it means to develop and grow a business in an exciting market. They will have a passion for product, customer engagement and emerging technologies. A strong bias for action and collaboration will ensure that programs are delivered on time and results are strong.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute market facing strategies for Press tool products including new verticals and potential partnerships
- Develop plans that drive the growth of existing product lines through new product development identification, promotions, advertising, and competitive analysis
- Identify and understand market trends, drivers, challenges and needs to best prioritize and communicate business cases leading to premier solutions in the market
- Align cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, Product Development, to facilitate and drive execution of go-to-market strategies
- Conduct strategic market research
- Support and develop product positioning and global pricing strategies by segment
- Prepare and present strategic planning presentations to senior management
Who You Are
You establish and maintain effective customer relationships. You readily action new challenges, without unnecessary planning. You create teamwork allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. You adjust communication to fit the audience and the message. You integrate quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Academic focus in marketing, business development or similar subject matter
- 3-5 years in product, market management or equivalent business experience
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills and financial acumen
- Aptitude to quickly learn how to operate professional-grade tools, including the mechanical and electrical principles that underlie their design
- Ability to form a deep understanding of customer needs and write compelling value propositions and messages
- Ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams
- Should be a self-starter and can work independently as well as with groups
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- Experience working on and managing international projects
Perks and Benefits
- Matching 401k and Defined Contribution
- Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Parental Leave
- On Site Fitness Center
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website