At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
The Guardian Support Program Manager is responsible for creating, managing, and driving all aspects of the PSS Guardian Support program to support the Guardian Support offering for Emerson's installed base customers globally. This program is a key contributor driving the expansion of Process Systems & Solutions (PSS) post-project, Lifecycle Services offerings.
In collaboration with the other Lifecycle Service Program Managers and Technical experts, the Guardian Support Program Manager will own the conceptualization and definition of enhancements to the program that deliver incremental revenue opportunity for the Lifecycle Services organization.
The Guardian Support Program Manager will work with other departments (Technology, Customer Support, Service Operations and Product Engineering) to ensure that the program is updated successfully and continuously delivers on its value proposition. The Guardian Support Program Manager will work closely with the different product managers from DeltaV, AMS Device Manager, AMS Machinery Manager, Syncade, Mimic and Ovation to drive consistency as well as customization to better deliver the Guardian Support brand.
Working with the Lifecycle Services World Area sales and operations leaders (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Middle East/Africa), the successful candidate for this position will also be responsible for the perpetual management of the program's overall sales success, by providing global support as needed to enable success in all World Areas.
Working with the Lifecycle Services Marketing team, the Guardian Support Program Manager will also assist in positioning and developing/updating customer-focused messaging for the program.
- Work with Lifecycle Service World Area business leaders to release updates to the program, making sure to fine-tune/customize the facets of the program for each World Area's specific needs and dynamics
- Support sales pursuits globally by being the Subject Matter Expert in this area, including sales training, on-going general sales Q&A, and presenting the program at multiple customer events
- Work closely with other Lifecycle Services Program Managers, various product owners and global teams to ensure that current and new product lines features, (DeltaV, AMS Device Manager, AMS Machinery Manager, Syncade, Mimic and Ovation), are being integrated into Guardian Support as seamless as possible.
- Define the future vision and direction for Emerson's Guardian Support program in line with industry and market requirements, including both the technology vision and direction, as well as new commercial approaches that may be needed to drive further adoption or otherwise improve Emerson's financial position.
- Actively work with the Technology team to provide direction for new Guardian Support features and enhancements.
- Support the development of sales tools (pain to solutions maps, presentations, QBRs, whitepapers, Estimation models, sales playbook) as well as marketing communications (email, webinars, internet/intranet material, etc.) for the program
- Drive global consistency in Guardian Support execution by sharing best practices, procedures, processes and tools
- Interact with existing customers and the global Lifecycle Service sales and operations channel to identify unmet needs and concerns
- Develop internal sales and operational training course curriculum and manage the course offerings for the Guardian Support program
- Provide direct customer facing consulting (on customer site) as required
- Continuously evaluate and track program success. Perform regular program evaluations to determine if adjustments are needed to increase adoption and overall customer satisfaction
- Directly lead and supervise a team of professionals involved in administration and / or marketing of the Guardian Support program.
Some domestic and international travel required (up to 25%)
- BS Degree in Engineering or related technical field and 8+ years of experience; or Masters Degree in Engineering or related technical field and 7+ years of experience (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years' Process Automation Industry Experience
- Strong understanding of automation industry customer needs around total automation lifecycle
- Excellent analytical and technical skills to be able to determine those opportunities that offer greatest benefit to users and have measurable returns for Emerson
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent presentation skills – demonstrated ability to deliver value messages to both large and small audiences and effectively communicate a vision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skills and experience in working across multiple geographic locations (i.e. Americas, Europe, Asia) in developing a service based business, preferably with varying types of Sales/Operations channels
- 3+ years working in a program development (solution/application development) OR customer-facing role in the automation industry
- Plant experience and first-hand appreciation for onsite service activities, i.e. system start-up, maintenance, support and sustain functions, as well as process control improvement and optimization
- Familiarity with worldwide Emerson Automation Solutions Sales/Operations channels, specifically in the aftermarket services business
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire except for intra-Emerson transferees.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website