At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.SUMMARY OF ROLE
- Responsible for all the technical issues of the assigned projects and technically proper execution.
- Represent Emerson in meetings with customers to discuss and agree technical questions.
- Reporting and discussing with the Project Manager on time in case any technical issues pop up which have cost impact.
- Act as combination of technical lead and project manager for small projects.
- Provide appropriate internal communication to solve the actual problems.
- Define the scope and battery limits of assigned projects during both Internal and Customer Kick off meetings and make sure that we deliver what was sold.
- Represent Emerson in meetings with the customer in detailed design and application software area: scope, functionality, documentation, design, trainings, standards, quality, etc.
- Identify the opportunities/musts for scope changes and support profitable execution with proper, proactive information for Project Manager.
- Develop the application software in the engineering team of the relevant project(s) built-up from internal, sub-vendor and third party team members.
- Make design and implementation of detailed design and application software in accordance with established specifications, Emerson engineering standards and quality plans.
- Ensure that all activities meet scope of the contract(s), specifications and standards imposed by engineering standards, by safety legislation or by quality requirements.
- Assist with application questions and issues from customers and internal engineers.
- HSE/Quality control – ensure that all engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company's quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved – adhere to company's and customer HSEQ standards at all times.
- Technical knowledge – acquire, maintain and actively share knowledge and experience with the engineering team and the wider organisation
- Monitor project performance and progress as well as identify areas for improvement.
- Small Projects – where the business determines that the scope of a project does not justify having a separate Senior Engineer and Engineer, then the roles will be combined and the Engineer will undertake both roles
- Willingness to work at customer site and abroad for limited periods of time
- Support quotations.
- Follow all Emerson procedures and guidelines
- Adhere to Emerson Ethical values at all time.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree (min. B.S.) with experience in systems, Measurements and Control
- Experience with software design for control strategy
- Team player – experience in working in a team is a must
- Experience in leading a small team
- Excellent computer skills
- Fluent in English
Apply on company website