At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as Project Manager (KOB3) and be responsible for the successful execution of projects, in all technical, commercial and scheduling aspects, to meet the requirements of both internal and external customers.
This position includes Customer Value Manager (CVM) responsibilities, like to oversee and ensure the successful implementation and expansion of Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and Long-Term service agreements (LTSA) with customers across our service organization.
Working across a highly matrixed organization you will collaborate closely with multiple functional teams such as Lead Engineers, Sales, etc. to strongly contribute to customer happiness, be it internal or external.
If you have excellent social skills and consider yourself a strong leader and this is the professional opportunity you were looking for, then come join our dynamic team in Baar,Switzerland!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead the projects in close cooperation with the Lead Engineers in order to agree the course of action necessary to complete the assigned projects in a timely and successful manner within the project budget and schedule
- Be responsible for monitoring the projects performance and progress while reporting regularly about the current status and cost of the actual projects providing forecast and analysis
- Coordinate the communication between customers (external and internal), suppliers and project teams
- Assist the sales organization in demonstrations, presentations and project estimation
- Be the interface and coordinate all commercial and technical issues relating to the projects with the Engineering team, internal and external clients as required for providing successful projects
- Ensure all project activities meet standards imposed by safety legislation or by quality requirements
- Ensure the screening and use of all relevant procedures related to Trade Compliance Policy
- Build partnerships at client operations and maintenance management level with key customers and to be the focal point for ensuring customer satisfaction with service delivery. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal Senior Sponsors, Department Heads, Process Owners.
- Develop and manage the associated budget to achieve cost recovery targets.
- Be responsible for ensuring that contract management resources are assigned to support delivery of SLA's.
- Ensure that the technical delivery of contract executed by the Service team meet or exceed success criteria
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree, preferred background in Electrical or Process Automation Engineering; PMP certification is a plus
- Minimum 5 years' experience in industrial process control lifecycle services, program management or management role
- Process Control Automation experience either in plant operations or plant engineering (DCS, MES / Operations Management, Safety Systems or similar high technical solutions) and lifecycle services (advanced control, optimization, simulation, training, asset management, turnarounds, shutdowns, upgrades, etc.) is highly preferred.
- A strong understanding of customer needs around total automation lifecycle - CAPEX and OPEX challenges and pains
- Firm understanding of commercial and contractual aspects of projects and modern Project Management techniques and tools and MS-Office Applications
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills, tact and diplomacy;
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving ability along with strong eye for business and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in both oral and written English and German; French knowledge represents a plus;
- Availability to travel occasionally.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are an independent, ambitious and strong leader, passionate about making an impact that always acts with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Project Manager, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website