At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a Quality Assurance and Control professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, Ohio location, you will work closely with Customers and lead the resolution to Customer issues in a timely manner, help develop quality plans that support identification of quality improvement opportunities in the Manufacturing process. You will be key to operational excellence by working closely with the operations, IPD Quality team and has a great deal of interaction with critical business partners such as Sales, Application Engineers, Key Suppliers, Supplier Quality, Engineering, Procurement and Warranty.
AS A QUALITY ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Work closely with Customers to understand product quality issues and resolving the issues in a timely manner.
- Partner with operations to reach perfect execution.
- Interact with critical business partners such as Sales, Application Engineers, Suppliers, Supplier Quality, Engineering, Procurement and Warranty.
- Lead and help implement Corrective Actions to improve Customer Product Quality.
- Lead and help perform Root Cause Analysis and problem resolution to help improve and sustain product quality
- Help Lead ISO 2015 Certification.
- Assist as required in activities associated with PPAP, Pilots, FMEA, ECN, NBO, NPD, X-Line, Next Gen Units, XCM250, Test Boards, SPC, Leak Tests, Nitrogen Purge, Valves, Packaging, Deviations, Electronic Live Load, First Pass Yield, DOE M Line Optimization. Conduct parts sorting for quality spills.
- Write formal procedures to ensure compliance with ISO and other Quality Management System requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
You identify opportunities that benefit the customer. You rely on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. You acquire data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree plus one (1+) year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Open to recent graduate with co-op experience
- Demonstrated skills and experience in a quality role within a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical, decision making, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of GD&T, and SPC
- Ability to prioritize and strategically plan multiple projects and deadlines
- Understanding Condensing Unit assembly
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to efficiently use the Emerson computer systems, Oracle, Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and through written correspondence
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship for this role will not be provided
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Business, Quality, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Two (2+) years operations/materials or relevant experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- ECCQP graduate or Certified ASQ Quality
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year's Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area's generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website