At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
We are seeking to hire Sr. Agile Engineers to support our internet of things (IOT) applications for our Retail Solutions business. This exciting role will provide you the opportunity to work with a bunch of smart software engineers in a collaborative, agile environment setting.
If you are technical, process-oriented, analytical, organized, self-motivated, thrive in a fast-paced environment, are enthusiastic about producing quality code and enjoy working in small teams of experienced software engineers then this job is for you.
Success in the role demands technical fluency, strong hands-on capability, exceptional communication skills, an innovative mindset and experience developing and shipping software for Business to Business products.
The role also requires strong product instincts, possess strong active listening skills, empathy, understanding of agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices.
- Build Software That Delights Customer
- Value Pair Programming
- Test Driven Development
- Collaborative Environment
- Continuous Improvement
- 7+ years of Microsoft software stack experience (preferred Azure experience)
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile software development team
- Comfortable translating business requirements into a design
- Has shipped at least one commercially used software product with multiple major and minor releases per year
- An expert in at least one technical stack (e.g. web, from UI to backend DB)
- Is seen as a go-to person for several technologies (e.g. C#, Java, PostgreSQL, Ansible, etc.)
- Can lead majority of the teams' cards by themselves
- Can handle an escalation (e.g. system outage) by themselves with rare exception
- Participates in product support (e.g. on call support)
- Has a decent approach between getting the job done vs technical debt
- Understands what agile development is, could teach the ideas
- Can explain and communicate technically complicated and abstract topics to business and product teams effectively
- Comfortable automating some parts of the product
- Excellent communicator and have experience consulting or teaching
- Enjoy pair programming and mentoring junior developers
- Willingness to put the needs of the team over their own
- Enjoys pairing
- Values collaboration over knowledge hoarding
- Focused on learning new ways to do things
- Willing to work onsite
- Alignment on the core values of agile
- Willingness to experiment with development processes with an open mind
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website