At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
A Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer (E&I Engineer) will provide for project work around cabinets, hardware design and instrumentation. The candidate will work with customers and other engineers and project managers at Midwest Engineering Center's offices. The position is in St Louis or Kansas City.
- Technical responsibility for design of control system on grass-roots and control system upgrade projects
- Works on a project team with other professionals
- Works with new product technologies such as DeltaV, DeltaV Safety Instrumented Systems
- Estimates hardware design and implementation efforts
- Manages scope and meets project schedules
- Leads other engineers in system design efforts
- Leads creation of: instrument specifications, control panel layouts, loop / schematic design, conduit/cable tray layouts, cable schedules, instrument location drawings, network architectures, instrument index/IO, P&IDs
- Plans and executes site acceptance tests, commissioning, and start-up or hot-cutover at customer plant sites
- Is the technical lead, coordinate and work with other project technical disciplines, project management and customer representatives to lead multiple projects
- Works with Global Engineering Center to achieve best cost position for project.
- Coordinates installation of control systems and field instrumentation
Relocation may be available for this position.Requirements
- BS in Engineering
- 4-8 years' experience on distributed Controls Systems or PLCs design and electrical design for projects
- Familiarization with applicable industry codes and processes
- Must be comfortable working with end users
- Experience in delivering Front End Engineering Design studies
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong communication and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to build and sustain customer relationships
- Must convey a professional image with customers
- Experience with ISO9001 requirements
- Must be comfortable in plant sites, and possess the ability to negotiate staircases, ladders, scaffolding, and catwalks
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website