At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a highly motivated Senior Engineer looking for an opportunity to grow and develop professionally, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! based in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
As the Senior Engineer, Advanced Controls and Data Analytics, your main responsibility will be to take a key role in the design, development and delivery of advanced applications and optimization solutions using Advanced Process control and statistical techniques. You will also play a key role in working with Product Development in creating and developing this Digital Transformation growth business, including operator automation, system prognostics control and Advanced Pattern Recognition. You will also work with other members of the Ovation Advantage Applications (OAA) group and various Marketing and Engineering resources to develop, beta test, and deliver these advanced control and analytics solutions.
AS A SENIOR ENGINEER, ADVANCED CONTROLS AND DATA ANALYTICS, YOU WILL:
- Project manage assigned projects including budgeting and forecasting if required.
- Implement advanced applications and digital transformation solutions while working closely with other OAA group members including global engineering centers on application engineering and deployment.
- Perform internal and external validation testing (FAT's and SAT's)
- Provide proposal support for Advanced Application offers and Evergreen offers
- Provide sales and marketing support.
- Develop, test, and validate new strategies supporting the growth of advanced applications and digital transformation solutions.
WHO YOU ARE:You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations. You come up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You provide timely and helpful information to individuals across the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, technical degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 + years of related experience
- Technology savvy - Ability to pick up new software skills
- Innovative and Analytic thinker
- Skilled in project and customer management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team oriented (internally and externally)
- Customer and results oriented
- Ability to travel up to 15% to power plant sites and interact directly with Operators and I&C personnel
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Operational/control familiarity or direct experience with Fossil Power plants - Coal/Gas boilers and/or combined cycle.
- Ovation DCS platform experience
- Process Control skills – Familiarity with PID Control loop tuning
- Advanced Control - Understanding or experience with concepts like model predictive, multivariable, fuzzy control.
- Data Analytics - Experience with processing and analyzing plant performance and control loop data to provide statistical process control KPIs.
- Regression analysis for curve fitting and other numerical processing techniques.
- Experience with Minitab a plus.
Flexible Work Schedule – Hybrid Work OptionThis role has the flexibility of a hybrid work option up to three days a week. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: email@example.com.
Apply on company website