At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
The Sr. Process Control Consultant will be architecting and implementing conventional and advanced process control strategies for customer plants globally. The Consultant will be part of a team that delivers global control performance services including regulatory loop tuning & troubleshooting, Procedure Automation, and Advanced Process Control (APC) projects. The role will provide a critical need with our customers by expanding our team's experience around APC and Procedure Automation. This person will be responsible for creating processes and implementation standards to be used by other Emerson engineers worldwide. The successful candidate will also lead control performance studies at customer sites and remotely in collaboration with local Emerson engineers. Another part of this role is to provide direct consulting support to our customers, engineering centers and the sales force.
- Support and execute process control projects such as regulatory control, advanced regulatory control, advanced process control, and procedure automation.
- Provide Technical Leadership on APC projects using DeltaV, PredictPro and/or Aspen DMC, in North America and globally.
- Develop Functional Specifications and Requirements for APC and Procedure Automation Projects
- Assist in defining and creating standard solutions to maximize effectiveness.
- Participate in and lead customer support activities such as consulting visits, troubleshooting, system modifications and training
- Support the sales force in technical meetings with customers.
- Provide technical input into proposal scope definition and resource estimation.
- Provide a central point of contact for support of the offered technologies for Emerson projects being delivered worldwide
- Identify clients' business drivers and opportunities for process control improvements.Additional Information
Approximately 50% Travel Requirement
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of practical work experience with at least 5 years in control and advanced control design and implementation for process industries (chemical, oil & gas, refining, pharmaceutical)
- Detailed knowledge of full spectrum of process control tools and techniques
- Knowledge of field instrumentation, metering, control and automated valves
- Extensive experience with direct customer contact and managing expectations
- Willingness to travel as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with ability to clearly communicate technical information to a range of audiences.
- Experience with DeltaV is a plus
- Experience with Aspen DMCPlus / DMC3 is a plus
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website