At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The holder of this position is intended to offer a proficient support of data maintenance, analyses, reporting and control in the area of Accounting ( AR, AP ,GL ) ,Credit management , Financial and Business Analysis to any Emerson Business Unit or Business platform. It's a project base support. The job requests a high flexibility, to work simultaneous in different assignments, with different financial systems, for different business units and limited periods of time. Additionally, the expectation is to have the seniority to coach, advise and give technical support to his colleagues from the multi-Bus Corporate support team.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Accounting Department of different businesses with General ledger, Balance Sheet accounts ‘reconciliation, reevaluation and any other requirement
- Assist the finance team of a specific BU in monthly financial closing , management reporting or internal control
- Support the finance team of a specific BU in the cost forecasting for current year and annual budgeting process
- Assist with analysis or reporting on a variety of information. Ensures accurate and timely preparation of the standard management reports which includes analysis of the orders performance, income statement, balance sheet, headcount and asset management
- Assist with different other analysis required on a specific database: – eg. Headcount, TWC, Cost allocation, Cash flow performance& forecasting
- Provides accounting guidance support, as required
- Coach, advise and give support to his colleagues from multi-BU team
- Liaise with managers, suppliers and other departments to resolve issues
- Leads various ad-hoc projects
- Temporary support and backup in different situations required by the Team leader or Group manager
- Recognized Finance, Accounting or equivalent degree qualification
- Relevant experience in Accounting, Financial Reporting or Controlling
- Proficiency in English (speaking/writing/reading)
- Good knowledge and experience of working with financial statements: BS, P&L, financial and business plans, financial reports
- Mathematical skills –enjoys working with & analyzing figures and strong ability to compute figures.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business reports, to write business correspondence and procedures.
- Good communication skills - ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and colleagues.
- Excellent computer skills - Expert level use and understanding of MS Excel, ability to work with databases & PowerPoint.
Apply on company website