At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
By joining us as a Senior Project Engineer you will be responsible for the technically proper execution of the project. You will provide technical leadership on a project team basis in the implementation, installation, modifications, testing and validation of control systems and associated instrumentation.
If this sounds like an exciting job for you, then join our team in Cluj-Napoca!
In this role you will:
• Collaborate with the Project Manager (and/or Project Engineer) in order to agree the course of action necessary help to complete the assigned project in a timely and successful manner within the engineering budget
• Be responsible for the technical correctness of the software and associated instrumentation together with technical documentation
• Coordinate a project team on the technical side in close collaboration with the lead engineer and/or the project manager
• Be able to determine accurate project execution approach and define the configuration strategy to meet the customer requirements
• Work together with the Engineering Team Leader / Engineering Manager to be able to match the complexity of a technical task with the experience of the engineer that this is assigned to
• Be flexible to travel to customer sites or other European offices for project meetings, FATs and startup according to project requirements
• Follow the accurate working methods, procedures, tools, and identify areas of improvement where needed
• Assist the sales organization in demonstrations, presentations, engineering estimates and solutions
• Proficiency in Romanian & English – French or German will be a plus
• Degree in an Engineering related field
• + 3 years' experience in the automation industry with broad technical knowledge for different industry segments (Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Refining, Pharma etc.)
• + 3 years' experience in DCS and/or PLC projects execution including commissioning and project startup on site
• Experience in working in project teams (especially geographically distributed teams)
• Experience in coordinating technically a project team.
Who you are:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Apply on company website