At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
At Emerson, our passion is creating the innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
If you are a Senior Software Developer looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Emerson is looking for innovative individuals who love solving problems and are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills. Based in our Austin, Texas location, you will be welcomed into a diverse community and work as a member of one of the cross-functional agile teams responsible for the development of the DeltaV Process Control System. DeltaV is the state of the art, flagship distributed process control system used by many of the top companies in chemical, life sciences and energy industries. It consists of a variety of rich desktop and web applications used for engineering and operating a process control system, plus real-time embedded firmware in controllers and field devices directly controlling the process. Successful applicants would be expected to enhance and maintain existing products as well as develop the next generation DeltaV control system. Come join us!
This role has the flexibility of a remote work schedule for up to three days a week. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate – Foster a creative atmosphere, review and provide detailed feedback on peers' design and code and participate in agile activities like sprint planning and retrospectives. Take part in Hackathons, Tech-talks, and Communities of Practice with like-minded people.
- Innovate – Develop technologies to maintain our market leadership using the latest tools and frameworks. Write software in accordance with requirements and specifications and use best practices to build in high-quality. Debug and validate software issues on the latest and greatest unreleased products as well as those encountered by customers.
- Automate – Write automated unit tests and system level tests to continue building our automation pipeline and a release-ready product.
- Iterate - Help the scrum team continuously improve its environment and processes.
- Tech Savvy - Stay on top of new technologies and look for ways to apply it.
- Always Curious - Take time to ask questions and define the problem. You make learning a priority and a goal.
- Team Obsessed - Engage in collaborative planning and constantly look to improve your team and deliver results.
WHO YOU ARE:
You seek new approaches to solve problems. You adapt quickly to changing conditions. You deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner. You balance own interests with others' interests.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related engineering degree and 7+ years of relevant experience OR a master's degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering degree and 6+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the development of embedded real-time firmware/software in C/C++
- Experience with commercial real-time embedded operating systems (QNX, Linux or similar)
- Experience using object-oriented design techniques
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum Team
- Experience architecting and designing embedded real-time applications
- Experience with low level microprocessor programming including PowerPC and Arm processors
- Experience with Visual Studio, Windows System Programming, Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware) and GIT.
- Knowledge and experience working in the process control industry
Apply on company website