At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
By joining us as a Service Technician, you will play a meaningful role in delivering our high-quality valve overhaul and repair services to our customers.
Covering all valve types, this role works alongside our dedicated team both in the workshop as well as at the customers' site/facilities both on and off-shore. You will have both the opportunity to share your knowledge to help develop more junior technicians, as well as take place in our own training programs to expand your knowledge and skillset.
If you are an expert technician, dedicated to performing at the highest standards and determined to take your career further alongside us, then join our team in Aberdeen!In this role you will:
- Ensure all activities are performed safely and accurately according to all relevant legislation, policies and company guidelines;
- Perform daily duties (including dismantling valves, inspection and re-working of valve components, valve re-build, testing and calibration of ancillary equipment) in accordance with established procedures;
- Assist in preparing valve repair work scopes and planning of parts requirements as the need arises;
- Fill in paper and system-based records accurately and in a timely manner including but not limited to Field Service Reports, Test Certification, expense reports;
- Assist in the development of other Technicians and Apprentices by sharing knowledge and expertise as appropriate;
- Take part in problem solving and root cause analysis exercises as required;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of all field related activities;
For this role you will need:
- Minimum of NC/ SVQ L3 in Engineering, complemented by relevant apprenticeship or a recognised Mechanical/Engineering qualification;
- Proven knowledge of control valves, isolation valves & actuators;
- Ambitious attitude and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Computer literacy is essential, in particular working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
By joining Emerson as a Valve Technician, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website