At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Under the direction of Accounting Manager, the Site Accounting leader will assist in coordinating monthly accounting processes across multiple general ledgers, with individual responsibilities and process oversight over various accounting functions to include: support general ledger accounting to include journal entries, account reconciliations, and supporting month-end closing activities. In addition, this role will be responsible for recommending and implementing process changes in support of increasing effectiveness and efficiency. Areas of focus will change from time to time, providing exposure to all areas of the balance sheet such as cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets and intercompany transaction recording, performing all duties in accordance with German HGB and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Emerson Corporate Policies and Procedures.The role will work closely with Emerson?s Accounting shared services team and will be responsible for VAT filings.
- Lead department in all accounting matters including technical accounting, regulatory audits, and ad-hoc projects that may arise.
- Prepare and support monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements for GAAP, statutory, tax and management reporting.
- Solid understanding of internal controls and ability to assist in reviewing and improving processes to enhance controls and segregation of duties.
- Lead efforts to analyze large amounts of information, identifying the appropriate tools and methodologies to use as well as communicating key trends and results of analyses to management.
- Coordinate with the Financial Planning and Analysis team regarding forecasting methodologies to support alignment of accounting.
- Oversee account reconciliations and resolve reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams in support of process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Controller.
- Bilanzbuchhalter qualification with strong foundation in German HGB
- Minimum 4 years of experience in accounting/finance.
- High integrity and strong communication skills.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a group/team environment.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Strong process and forward-thinking mindset.
- Knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles preferred.
- Experience in matrix organizational structure preferred.
- SAP and Hyperion experience preferred.
Apply on company website