At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description:
We are looking to add an excellent individual that will, along with our outstanding team, add exciting new capabilities to our automated tests and testing infrastructure. Duties will include but are not limited to: design, develop and maintain new tests, test fixtures and architecture of test suites. You will be working with key stakeholders to validate new features and will make design decisions every day that will have a relevant and long-lasting impact across many different industries.
- Drive and execute improvements to automated testing infrastructure.
- Develop test strategies.
- Automate tests using test frameworks.
- Write code/scripts to test systems.
- Take responsibility for monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an eye toward improving product quality.
- Create test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary.
- Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
- Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
- Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
- Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
- Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma / GED and a minimum 4 years of experience in a testing or engineering position)
- Experience developing test automation in C#, Java or Python.
Experience developing test automation in C#, Java or Python.
- Proficient in C# or Python.
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Knowledge of Windows, UNIX/Linux environments.
- Knowledge of internet technologies.
- Proficient in refactoring, test automation, modular code, build infrastructure and test-driven development.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; commitment to delivering great software continuously delivering quality.
- Experience with building automated validation of product user interface.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website