At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Reporting to the relevant Emerson E&P Software Director, R&D, you are primarily responsible to debug technical issues as well as enhance and develop tools/applications to optimize workflows.
- Performs complex analysis, design, and development tasks independently, evaluating complex information flow, interfaces, and key data structures to advance integration and implement complex application requirements.
- Investigates and reports on application of new information technology concepts and techniques to team and leadership.
- Develops sophisticated software to leverage new hardware advances.
- Efficiently and independently completes projects lasting from 3 to 12 months providing deliverables on time and to scope.
- Evaluates, tests, and debugs complex application routines to comply with the desired system objectives. Partners with QA team to develop test workflows and resolve issues and improve quality. Evaluates and reports on operational efficiency of applications and systems.
- Demonstrates understanding of importance of documentation by actively partnering with documentation team.
- Supports junior staff in developing good technical discipline.
- B.Sc. or higher in Computer Science, related field or applicable science discipline
- Mandatory to have Expert level knowledge of C++
- Mandatory Experience with HPC programming
- Mandatory Experience with Multi-threading (Pthreads, Windows threads, OpenMP)
- 5-7 years of experience in software infrastructure development - must
- Deep knowledge in Linux and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge and experience in system programming for Linux and Windows (kernel programming advantage)
- Knowledge of cross-platform network programming (Sockets, CORBA)
- Ability to lead investigation of complex software and system problems
- High level of English, both verbal and written
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral) with the ability to listen and articulate clearly, conveying effective and accurate development plan
- The ability to take ownership of activities, leads projects, and to ensure successful completion.
Apply on company website