At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
We are seeking to hire a Software Engineering Manager to support our IoT applications for our Transportation Solutions business. This exciting role will provide you the opportunity to work in a collaborative, agile environment setting, focusing on supporting the entire software lifecycle.
Success in the role demands technical fluency, strong hands-on capability, excellent communication skills, an innovative mindset and experience developing and shipping software for Transportation infrastructure and applications. The role also requires strong product instincts, active listening skills, empathy, as well as an understanding of agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices. The best individuals for this role will be technical, process-oriented, analytical, organized, motivated, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be enthusiastic about producing quality code.
- Assist in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Develop automated UAT and Unit Tests
- Leads team
- Delights customer
- Ships continuously
Who you are:
- You promote a sense of urgency and establish and enforce individual accountability in the team.
- You consistently use multiple methods to develop others.
- You model high standards of honesty and integrity.
- You define success in terms of the whole team.
- You facilitate an open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders.
- You deliver feedback letting people know where they stand, honestly and sensitively.
- You anticipate customer needs and provide services that are beyond customer expectations.
Build Software That Delights Customer
Value Pair Programming
Test Driven Development
We offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times, ensuring there is an overall team schedule overlap, targeting an 8 hour work day. Our teams work together to ensure their chosen work schedules are supporting our customers.
One of Emerson's core values is: Support our People.
Employee development is a top priority for Emerson. Employees receive opportunities for professional development, further education, training and individual career development. Emerson encourages both lateral and vertical movement within the company.
- 7-10 years of Microsoft software stack experience (preferred device data handling experience)
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile software development team
- An expert in at least one technical stack (Device protocols, WCF, C#, .Net, APIs, OData, MSSQL, EF, Unit testing/mocking frameworks)
- Comfortable translating business requirements into a design, including ability to explain and communicate technically complicated and/or abstract topics to business and product teams effectively
- Participates in product support (e.g. on call support)
- Has a decent approach between getting the job done vs creating technical debt and understands what agile development is, could teach the ideas
- Has shipped at least one commercially used software product
- Master's level or equivalent demonstrated technical ability
- Values others output over own
- Is a good teacher
- Willing to accept team technical decisions over own opinions
- Sees themselves as a steward, not a commander
- Has enough respect to be the argument resolver
- Willing to perform HR functions like paperwork, hiring, termination, training, etc.
- Unites the team with a core set of values
- Can lead majority of the teams' cards by themselves
- Can handle an escalation (e.g. system outage) by themselves with rare exception
- Comfortable automating repeated tasks
Agile Specific Requirements
- Willingness to put the needs of the team over their own
- Enjoys pairing and mentoring junior engineers
- Values collaboration over knowledge hoarding
- Focused on learning new ways to do things
- Willingness to experiment with development processes with an open mind
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an employee assistance program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a facility shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day. Kennesaw Employee Resource Groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion Committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Metro Atlanta Area
Our facility is located in Kennesaw, Georgia, which is conveniently located within driving distance to Atlanta and Historic Downtown Kennesaw. The area offers excellent school systems, an abundance of outdoor walking trails, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is surrounded by several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and outdoor activities that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Kennesaw campus hosts a Manufacturing Facility, Customer Support Call Center, and the offices of our Division President & Staff. Retail Solutions is a global business unit inside the Commercial & Residential Solutions Cold Chain segment and is the leading provider of electronic controls and optimization services for supermarket, convenience store, restaurant and refrigerated transportation customers and the OEMs that serve them. Electronics & Solutions is comprised of six acquisitions organized to add value to Emerson's world leading products through control, connectivity and remote monitoring. The business generates half of its revenue outside of North America and employs over 1,200 people globally. Headquartered in the Greater-Atlanta area, the business has major operations in Minnesota, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, China and the Philippines. The Cold Chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Kennesaw location.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website