At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
A Software Engineer on the User Interface Software Test Team will test software applications, create automated test scripts, write test documentation, along with analysis, design, coding, documentation, and debugging of tools for Fisher FIELDVUE instrument products and technologies.
The successful candidate will also help design and develop user interface applications based on human centered design concepts and work with FIELDVUE instrument products connected to industrial control systems via HART and Fieldbus communication protocols.
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Participate on a software development team using agile best practices
- Test software in accordance with FIELDVUE engineering processes and standards using manual test techniques and developing automated software and scripts
- Develop, enhance, and maintain software for FIELDVUE instrument products and technologies
- Review teammates' code
- Help plan & roadmap new features and functionality
- Maintaining systems and software integration lab
- Perform technical support activities as assigned
- Assist with other project activities as assigned by management
- You drill down to root causes to gather relevant information.
- You balance planning with actions.
- You create a plan and outline for various audiences.
- You manage uncertainty with confidence.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science required.
- 0 - 5 years - Test/Development Experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Hands on experience with programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java, etc.)
- Hands on experience with front-end languages (e.g. TypeScript, React, HTML5, JSON, CSS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of version control (e.g. Microsoft Team Foundation Server)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, analysis, and design
- Excellent software test skills (manual and automated)
- Experience with the complete software development life cycle and QA processes in an agile environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- The ability to contribute in a team environment
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website