At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Drive and support Global Sourcing strategy for Cost-Out, Delivery, Quality, and Service – lead commodity consolidation across operations
- Develop sourcing strategy and spread Best Practices across Emerson Automation Solutions
- Implement strategic supplier management for sourced products to proactively ensure customer commitments are maintained
- Develop, screen, select and monitor strategic global and domestic suppliers to ensure high quality standards are maintained
- Initiate, integrate and partner with technology and manufacturing to ensure appropriate supplier selection and development of NPI programs
- Develop and drive digitization tools including eAuctions
- Develop and implement plans to drive / increase BCC buy
- Develop strategy and actions plans to mitigate single/sole source suppliers
- Implement supplier quality scorecards reflecting company-wide six-sigma initiatives that ensure customer CTQ's are met
- Lead Negotiations for all assigned commodities and contract agreements
- Provide work direction, leadership, training and mentoring for direct reports
- BS Degree
- Electro-mechanical components experience
- 6+ years experience in sourcing, supply chain management, contracts, and negotiation
- 3+ years managerial / commercial experience.
- Process knowledge in electronics industry; Proficiency in latest PC technology
- Demonstrated effectiveness in organizational and communicational skills; Demonstrated ability leading multifunctional team environments and to develop, execute and coach individual and team priorities
- Ability to apply technical/engineering concepts to practical business problems
- Ability to develop and implement managerial and leadership concepts and techniques (plan, execute, direct, coach, mentor, motivate, evaluate and control)
- Ability to coordinate multiple long and short-term projects simultaneously; Strong administrative/planning skills
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Requires up to 35% travel, including international.
- International sourcing experience
- Manufacturing / operations experience.
- Six-Sigma Certified.
- BS – Engineering.
- CPM preferred
- MBA Preferred.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website