At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.This position's primary objective is to develop business with new water/wastewater treatment customers in the assigned territory. This position requires advanced knowledge of the water/wastewater markets and the application of automation solutions & technology to meet the customer's needs. He/She must be comfortable interacting with all facets of the customer's organization, from "hands-on" technicians to executive management. The successful candidate must also possess dedication to persistence and resilience in a municipal procurement environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in this role as well. Strategic thinking and the ability to work autonomously, as well as experience with assembling and managing successful virtual pursuit teams is required. This entails developing a detailed political, technical, financial, and competitive displacement strategy to secure new business.
The successful candidate will help establish business development objectives based on competitive analysis, pricing challenges, the business environment, political obstacles, and input from various sales channels within Emerson.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess personal drive to create sales opportunities by breaking into competitive displacement opportunities
- Work closely with Marketing and Proposal departments to effectively communicate Emerson's capabilities and benefits to potential customers
- Have the ability to map out and execute client account strategies
- Effectively facilitate priority access to Emerson and PWS support resources, along with maintaining high PWS management visibility required to successfully displace competitors
- Assist in recommendations of new methods, acquisitions, and new technologies to create business opportunities in alignment with PWS strategic business plan
- Work effectively with other Emerson Automation Solutions organizations to maximize synergistic business opportunities and other duties assigned
- Provide periodic reports such as pursuit tracking, monthly operation reports, order forecasts, customer visit logs, and others normal to the function of business development
- Interface effectively with all PWS organizations, such as Strategic Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing, Projects and Field Engineering to ensure support is obtained which is essential to ensuring successful project results for new customers
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Emerson's products & solutions to speak with authority on the subject matter
The position requires a BS in EE, ME, CE engineering or equivalent and a minimum of six years relevant sales experience. Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website