At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you?re continuously looking to develop yourself and learn more about new solutions in pressure management, if you have a can-do attitude and enjoy delivering the best services, then we are the perfect match for you!
By joining us as a Strategic Sourcing Specialist, you will have the chance to learn from some of the best managers and engineers in our industries and you will have unique career opportunities.
You will have to work in collaboration with the European Sourcing team, to drive a common strategy for various commodities (such as castings, machined parts, soft parts & others). Develop and improve the integration between the multiple sites across Europe in order to consolidate suppliers, implement common projects, drive savings and reduce lead time.
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Cluj-Napoca, Romania!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develop strategies for various commodities such as: casting, machined parts, forged & soft parts
- Negotiate with suppliers? long-term agreements, focused on cost containment, quality, lead time reduction and payment terms improvement
- Develops and manages initiatives as ?e-sourcing? and ?inflation model maintenance? inside the Procurement department
- Resolve supply issues and develop supply chain risk mitigation and contingency plans, to improve material availability
- Assess suppliers? capacity, makes analysis of cost and benefits, ability of complaints and SCAR management
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Extensive experience of sourcing, procurement and supply chain management
- Ability to comprehend and interpret engineering drawings, quality systems requirements, component requirement and customer specifications
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent English spoken and written communication skills and any other language is a plus
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
By joining Emerson as a Strategic Sourcing Specialist, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in STEM initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website