At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Do you have broad experience in Supply Chain and you're continuously looking to develop yourself? If and you have the ability to forge and maintain strong working relationships in a dynamic and international business environment, then we are the perfect match for you!
We are looking for a Supplier Development Manager to support our Isolation Valves business by improving the Supply Chain performance from a Cost, Speed, Delivery, and Cash perspective. By joining us in this role you will be responsible for assessing and developing the external and intercompany suppliers to enable them to deliver the level of performance required by our Customers. In addition, you will use the Perfect Execution concepts and structured problem solving to implement improvement programs and you will optimize the current external supplier base by driving supplier consolidation initiatives aiming to focus business on the best suppliers only.
If you are ready to raise the bar and this sounds like an exciting job for you, then join our team in Italy!
- Implement Supplier Development Strategy and supervise key performance indicators, on-time delivery requested delivery service level and defective Parts per Million
- Find opportunities, develop plans and timelines with existing suppliers to improve their ability to meet the required performance
- Actively participate in the monthly Buyer Report Out meeting to support managers, buyers/planners, and quality managers through the fast resolution of advanced/repetitive supplier delivery and quality issues, including root causes countermeasures (RCCM) and long term effective corrective actions
- Work closely with Product Supply Chain Leaders and SBUs to understand Lead Time requirements and drive Lead Time reduction and replenishment mode change programs
- Manage the Grow-Maintain-Exit supplier strategy
- Identify supplier opportunities outside of Isolation Valves
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, Technical or Business
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: Perfect Execution, Continuous Improvement / Lean, Supplier Development, Supplier Quality Assurance, Operations, Engineering, Materials Management, Sourcing.
- Able to work in an autonomous manner and take initiatives
- Strong planning, analytics, and problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office skills, especially MS-Excel skills
- Extensive travel is required
- Fluency in Italian and English
Preferred education, experience & skills
- Six sigma black belt (preferred)
- Knowledge of purchasing, material flows, and manufacturing processes
- Experience with ERPs, preferably with SAP or Oracle in planning and/or purchasing
- Strong negotiation (internally and externally) and project management skills.
Who you are:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, the brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website