At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a manufacturing or quality engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Mansfield, MA location, you will part of the team that produces pressure relief valves for nuclear power plants as well as valves for US Navy submarines and aircraft carriers. Safety and quality are paramount, and you will be the business partner and liaison to our suppliers driving continuous improvement and excellence, ensuring all suppliers and the materials they provide are in compliance with engineering and manufacturing specifications and company and government standards.
AS THE SUPPLIER QUALITY MFG. ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with the buyers, oversee supplier rating and development strategies including scorecards, supplier corrective action requests (SCARS), coaching troubled suppliers, and maintaining the approved supplier list (ASL).
- Address purchased component issues as they relate to fit, form, or function with the engineering group.
- Drive engineering, manufacturing, and design best practices and lessons learned for purchased components leveraging the knowledge and expertise of the global Emerson supply chain.
- Communicate with vendors regularly to address any concerns and foster an environment that facilitates continual improvement in working relationships.
WHO YOU ARE:
You ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations. You marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. You work through formal and informal channels to build broad-based relationships and support. You know what motivates different people and align work accordingly.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- A Bachelor?s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering or similar technical discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Broad understanding and experience with manufacturing technologies and processes is required such as forgings, casting, and machined components
- US Citizenship required due to contract requirements with the US Navy
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of military specifications and government contracts a plus
- Supplier quality engineering experience
- Experience of working in an engineered to customer order environment
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company?s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website