At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
As our Test Development Engineer (m/f/d) you will be part of the growing European Power Electronics Team located in our European Headquarters in Aachen. We are developing Drives (Frequency Converters) as part of our compression technology for the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry. In this position you will participate in bringing our next-generation products to life and the market.
- Conducting Drive, Motor and Compressor tests on the testbenches (Daynamometer, GasCycle Test Stands);
- Giving final qualification to the new drived in terms of Functionality, Safety, EMC, Reliability and Agency Approvals;
- Test, verify and optimize new power electronics designs for drives up to 11kW;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in different European locations on Drive specification, simulation and design;
- Construct test circuits and analyze the specified functionalities during the design process.
- BSc/MSc degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or similar;
- First experience in testing and verification of power electronics circuits like Power Stages, DC/DC-Converters;
- Knowledge of LTSpice, Matlab/Simulink, PLECS or Cadence Design Systems (OrCAD / Allegro);
- Skilled user of modern measurement tools concerning electric circuits;
- Familiarity with the control mechanism of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM) is an asset;
- Fluent verbal and written English skills.
Apply on company website