We are looking for passionate individuals with keen interest in learning new technologies and driven to apply their knowledge to solve the toughest problems and deliver optimum results. The chosen candidates will have an opportunity to work with an experienced team of engineers to deliver expert technical support and services to our installed-base worldwide.
This position will be expected to increase the capabilities and skillset of the technical support team in supporting any of the following applications within Emerson's portfolio of products and solutions:
- Software Applications
- Human-Machine Interface (HMI). The ideal candidate should possess a strong skillset in configuring and implementing HMI within process control systems.
- Network Communications, Cyber Security and Infrastructure. The ideal candidate should possess a strong skillset in Networking and Security related technologies; and, remain current in awareness of developing technology trends, security weaknesses/vulnerabilities, and innovations in networking systems and capabilities
- Responsible for providing technical support, consultation and on-site/remote diagnostics on Emerson Automation Solutions products/systems, including DeltaV DCS, DeltaV SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems), AMS Device Manager, Wireless Solution and PlantWeb installations for systems in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America and Latin America end-user customers and engineering organizations. This involves troubleshooting, problem analysis and solutions generation to hardware, software, installation, configuration, integration, and application issues and inquiries. Maintains ownership of all received customer problems, provides timely updates, and sets the appropriate escalation priority.
- Successfully works to identify workarounds, reduce product problem resolution time, and support efforts to develop training and troubleshooting resources (e.g. procedures, diagnostics, and documentation)
- Collaborates with Local Business Partners and Field Service Organizations worldwide, Technology, Marketing and Manufacturing to resolve product problems and plot product design directions at a local and global level
- BS/MS in Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Instrumentation, or other Engineering and IT Degrees
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in process control or process engineering in at least one of the following process industries: hydrocarbon processing, oil and gas (onshore/offshore), pulp and paper, specialty chemicals, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, power generation.
- Responsible for control system configuration, third-party equipment integration, startup of process control projects, or on-going system maintenance/support
- Experience with DCS, PLC, or SCADA systems. Understanding of discrete, continuous, or batch controls; PC based HMI, Advanced Controls, Fieldbus or field instrumentation. Knowledge of networking, TCP/IP, and Windows operating system.
- Knowledge or experience in any programming or scripting language, ex. SQL, Visual Basic, C#, PowerShell, .NET is an advantage
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and to present clear and concise information to the team, internal customers, and external customers
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Excellent spoken and written English; knowledge of another foreign language (ex. Spanish) is an advantage
- Flexibility to work on shift schedule
- Excited to travel and be assigned on short- and long-term (3 months to a year) domestic or international assignments
- New graduates with exemplary academic achievements will be considered.
- An Engineer who will be supporting Comms/Infra must have strong IT skills and knowledge. Experience in design, implementation, or service/support of any of the following areas:
- Networking & Security fundamentals, principles, and concepts – design, maintenance, optimization and troubleshooting
- Cybersecurity solutions or cybersecurity standards and best practices. Industry certifications related to information security is a plus, ex. CISSP, CCNA, CISM, GSEC, ICS-CERT
- Virtualization hardware and software, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, Dell VRTX, networking (Ethernet, TCP/IP, etc.), and Windows operating systems (OS).
At Emerson, we are committed to providing innovative, high-quality solutions to our shareholders, customers and employees—a pledge expressed in our brand promise. Emerson is where technology and engineering come together to create solutions for the benefit of our customers, driven without compromise for a world in action. We are engineers, innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don't settle for good enough or “This is the way it's always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for what's never been done before. Our talented team spans the globe, sharing our collective passion for progress and excellence. We support our people by fostering an inclusive work environment where all employees can reach their greatest potential.
Fisher-Rosemount Systems, Inc. – Philippine Branch Office (FRSI-Philippines), an Emerson company with its office in Pasig City, was established in 2002. Our company is represented by talented, dedicated and committed individuals providing solutions and services to our customers' process automation challenges. Our people support our customers through the full solution value chain:
- Product Development (Software Development and Testing; Firmware and Electronics Design)
- Business Development, Marketing and Sales Enablement
- Automation Systems Delivery, Configuration, Installation and Support
Apply on company website