SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Digital Sales Engineer will engage with our customers though digital and remote sales tools to achieve the agreed sales targets. This role will own the interaction with customers that do not require periodic face to face contact or prefer to interact through integrated digital platforms.
I this position, the candidate will be available for customers at all times via phone, email, or text and ensure full customer satisfaction in doing business with Emerson through our digital channels.
The role with work with customers to actively encourage the transition towards digital integration, self-servicing and digital interactions in cooperation with the e-commerce managers and other relevant stakeholders, and act as the human point of contact behind the digital relationship.
As the main sales point of contact with the assigned customers, the Digital Sales Engineer will provide pre- and post-sales support, drive the account strategy, build relationships with the customer counterparts, track and understand customer needs and, align Emerson's offerings to address them, in collaboration with subject matter experts and Industry Leaders.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the achievement of Sales, Bookings and Gross Profit targets for the full Measurement Solutions Portfolio within the agreed segment of customers through digital and remote interactions.
- Own the bookings forecast for the segment and ensure monthly delivery of the volume commitment, as well as execute immediate recovery actions if any risk is identified
- Proactively work with customers to increase digital integration. Specially, to actively move all accounts that may place unsolicited orders or RFQs into a digital self-service platform. Be fluent in the benefits of digital integration and articulate a clear action plan for implementation.
- Act as single human point of contact to secure customer satisfaction during and after the transition. Provide pre- and post-sales support and regular follow-up.
- Engage with customers through online chat tools, e-commerce platforms and other digital means (including Teams and phones) to assist customers in product selection, application support, access to expertise and placement of orders.
- Understand in full Emerson's unique selling propositions and actively contextualize them to the customer industry needs to maximize business
- Monitor digital tools and CRM for leads. Proactively act on leads to convert potential business in the assigned segments.
- Understand and use available data analytics and reports to optimize account growth strategies, including whitespace analysis, pricing actions and customer segmentation
- Actively coordinate with colleagues and orchestrate the support of subject matter experts, Product Managers or other company stakeholders to create a compelling and differentiating value proposition for the selected customers
- Monitor and understand the competitive environment at each account and work to displace competition and defend Emerson's position
- Keep track and communicate customer activities to the wider organization through CRM
- Proactively document and share success cases, customer feedback and quantifiable business results in the assigned customer segment.
- Discuss and agree with sales management monthly actions plans and maintain account plans with short, medium- and long-term sales strategies
- Contribute to the definition of bottom-up sales targets on a yearly basis based on account plans and performance of the assigned account portfolio
- Cooperate closely with operations, order management, project execution and service teams to ensure the appropriate delivery of commitments to customers, and work to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Support the deployment of new digital tools and engagement platforms as new technologies become available.
- Provide guidance and feedback to the organization for the improvement and development of new digital interaction tools.
- Observe the Business Ethics standards stipulated by Emerson.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly screened and recorded in accordance with the company's Trade Compliance procedures and escalate any concerns or questions through the appropriate channels.
- Stay constantly informed and proactively request training on the entire MSOL portfolio, rapidly adopting new technologies and incorporating new product launches in the sales strategy
- Understand the overall Emerson strategy and vision
- Inspire the sales teams and colleagues with a positive attitude and winning mindset
- Maintain active social media presence in accordance to Emerson's marketing guidelines
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• STEM degree or comparable technical education
• Demonstrated experience selling technologies to customers in the relevant industry
• Experience in engaging with customers through digital platforms and driving e-commerce plans
• Interest in new technology and open mind for innovation
• People person, high interpersonal skills, relationship builder, networker
• Comfortable with change and able to succeed in contexts of uncertainty
• Excellent persuasion skills
• Business acumen and understanding of commercial contracts
• Excellent communication and presentation skill both in English and local language
• Drives Results
• Business Insight
• Action Oriented
• Customer Focus
• Communicates Effectively
• Instills Trust
• Interpersonal Savvy
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website