If you are an Electrical Design Engineer professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Shakopee, MN location, you will be responsible for development of pressure and temperature measurement products and technologies.
We design and develop products that deliver highly accurate pressure and temperature measurements with unmatched reliability to help customers in a variety of industries. Our product offering includes static or differential pressure measurements, as well as intrusive or surface temperature measurements. Our design team is responsible for the electronics that sense and convert pressure or temperature into a digital or analog value that can then be use by a control system to improve plant operations, produce the products we all rely on, and ensure the safety of workers.
AS AN ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Assist and/or lead new product development activities (e.g., circuit design, peer reviews, product qualification planning and product qualification testing). Cross functional teamwork is required. Work involves choosing between proven technologies and original circuit designs. Apply complete working knowledge of applicable technology and industry/company standards. Prepare required technical documentation or data.
- Provide technical support of products to ensure required product functionality, quality and conformance is maintained. Example tasks include reviewing and approving vendor part change notifications, managing and executing cost savings opportunities, and assisting with the resolution of customer inquiries.
- Research and develop new ideas and technologies for implementation into our products
- Monitor and optimize new product development processes to ensure company quality standards are upheld and implemented
- Prepare detailed plans, generally spanning several months, necessary to complete assigned projects. Identifies assistance needed by other functional groups to complete engineering tasks.
WHO YOU ARE:
You convert ideas into actions and produce results with new initiatives. You focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You solicit both input and discussion.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering from an engineering school
- Zero (0) to Two (2) or more years of applicable experience
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- ABET-accredited engineering degree
- Basic experience with electronic simulation tools (e.g. PSpice)
- Familiarity with schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Basic experience with data acquisition software (e.g. C#, LabView)
Apply on company website