Emerson has an exciting opportunity as an Electrical Engineering Technician available for you! We are seeking a self-motivated individual who will work as a direct contributor on a multi-disciplined project team in our Eden Prairie, MN location. Ideal candidates have detailed analog circuit experience and have a track record of successfully testing, troubleshooting, documenting, and building electronic circuits that meet quality, performance, cost, and schedule goals with minimal supervision.
PRODUCTS WE ENGINEER:
We design and develop products that deliver highly accurate flow measurements, up to 0.25%. In magnetic flowmeters this requires generating controlled magnetic fields to induce a microvolt signal which is converted, temperature compensated, and communicated in analog or digital forms to higher level control systems. They are capable of Modbus, Fieldbus, Ethernet, Profibus, 4-20 mA and local display outputs, while being both explosion proof and intrinsically safe.
Vortex Flowmeters capture an extremely small mechanical movement using a piezoelectric sensor which is processed similarly to magnetic flowmeters and sent to control systems. Each of these products is used in a wide variety of industries helping to improve the efficient use of our natural resources, produce the products we all rely on, and ensure the safety of workers.
AS AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN, YOU WILL:
- Participate in the design, development, analysis, troubleshooting, and testing of new products.
- Work on circuit board level designs with complex analog circuits, switching power supplies, digital circuits, microcontrollers, isolated circuits and more.
- Perform electrical testing on components and circuits using multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, universal counters, environmental chambers, and other test equipment. Document all test results and review with engineering.
- Perform detailed troubleshooting, calibration, failure analysis or modification of test hardware, fixtures, software, and lab equipment. This may include prototype, production or customer supplied equipment.
- Build prototype circuits, solder SMT & TH components, and rework electronic assemblies.
- Assist with product sustaining activities.
- Work with other functional groups within the company to achieve tasks.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a hands-on, technically focused, self-motivated individual who is excited to learn new skills. You push yourself to achieve results and partner with others to drive work to completion while providing timely, relevant information to individuals across the organization. You are a problem solver who seeks new approaches.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 1800 hours of technical education or equivalent
- Six (6) years of applicable experience
- Experience troubleshooting analog circuits down to the component level
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience with electronics hardware including digital and analog circuit design and analysis, microprocessor-based board level design, real time embedded multiprocessor design, A/D converters, and power supplies.
- SMT and TH solder and de-soldering experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of program
Apply on company website