This is an exciting time to join our team to develop environmentally sustainable, next-generation gas control solutions for our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Comfort Control business! Based in our St. Louis, MO office, the Engineering Leader – Electronics will own the electronics designs that control our industry leading gas valves for residential and commercial heating. Key activities are designing control boards that communicate with various sensors and system inputs, and developing test plans to ensure the safe operation of our customers' products. Depending on experience level, this role may also include supervising other engineering team members.
Emerson offers an excellent compensation package with a competitive salary, comprehensive healthcare package, 401k (100% company match up to 5%), quarterly company-funded retirement plan with an additional contribution of 2.5%, tuition assistance, flexible work schedule, paid time off (3 weeks + paid holidays) and ongoing Emerson-led training.
As an Engineering Leader - Electronics, You Will:
- Lead a project team comprised of local and global resources through the NPD process with frequent feedback, corrective consultation, and closure to all required design deliverables
- Have timely and thorough follow-through in all aspects of communications with others (local or global)
- Have full ownership of all technical requirement documents that are well understood by others (local or global)
- Make effective and timely high consequence decisions related to design and product success.
- Provide coaching and objective development.
- Provide final review and/or design authority on new products
- Work with direct reports to develop career plans (if applicable).
- Ensure IP deliverables are met including the filing of invention disclosures
- Generate detailed requirements and project schedules
- Hold regular team meetings and document notes & action items
- Report status to supervisor frequently and upper management as needed
- Primary technical project contact for internal and external customers
Who you are:
You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments. You relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people. You plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. You make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. You develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
We offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times given they are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure their chosen work schedules are supporting our customers. This role has a travel requirement up to 10% of its time, including travel to our plant facilities in Mexico.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or related field with a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate with internal & external customers
- Ability to mentor others (local or global) using demonstrated skills
- Demonstrated ability to direct work and manage conflict
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill NPD gate and process deliverables
- Demonstrated capability to release new products through the Comfort Control documentation process
- Demonstrated knowledge of a Comfort Control product family
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic circuits, both analog and digital
- Demonstrated schematic capture and printed circuit board layout knowledge
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
- 8 – 10 years of relative experience
- Ability to anticipate issues and take preventative actions
- Deep knowledge of technical details in primary product(s)
- Demonstrated ability to use risk management tools and effectively mitigate risks
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex multi-discipline projects and stay within schedule and budget
- Demonstrated ability to grow talent within the engineering department
- Understanding of how to manage up and manage down
- Ability to train others (local or global) in creating, updating, and monitoring detailed schedules for specific tasks or entire project
- Ability to train others (local or global) in performing an FMEA, writing a design analysis, and how to release products through the documentation processes
- Ability to train others (local or global) with regards to product safety ramifications, issues, and resolutions
- Ability to establish relationships with external key technical representatives
- Demonstrated FMEA skills and understanding of product safety implications and resolutions
- Design experience with LCDs and sensors
- Experience in communicating / connected product design (e.g. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, ClimateTalk, Modbus, etc.)
- Proficiency in schedule estimation & project scheduling
About our Business Unit
Comfort Control, a business unit of Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions, is headquartered in St. Louis, MO and is an industry leader in home energy management and comfort control. Our products monitor and control appliances that account for approximately 60% of the energy consumed in the average US household. By networking our products to the cloud, we are discovering new ways to help our customers reduce energy consumption, save money, and maintain comfort. And because our technology touches so much of the residential energy profile, our solutions are positioned to make a significant impact on our nation's carbon footprint. If you want to be part of a collaborative, high energy, fast paced team, where your contributions can make a real impact on the world – you have just found the place!
Why Work in St. Louis, Missouri
Our facility is located in St. Louis, famous for its Gateway Arch standing at 630 feet tall. St. Louis is a family-friendly, historic metropolitan area with a low cost of living and first-class schools. The city offers excellent restaurants, shopping areas, art galleries, and numerous festivals throughout the year, making this an exciting place to live and work.
About Our Location
Our location is the host of Emerson's corporate headquarters and the Commercial and Residential Solutions (ComRes) business platform, as well as the headquarters for multiple business units within the Commercial and Residential Solutions platform. Our products, such as the InSinkErator, Sensi, and RIDGID, have become household names that support the comfort and well-being of our customers. The ComRes platform employees at this location provide support to the various businesses within the platform, allowing for many networking opportunities across businesses. The connectedness between ComRes and Corporate employees allows for a close relationship and the opportunity to explore opportunities across Emerson.
Apply on company website