We're adding new people to our manufacturing team in St. Louis! Seeking great hands-on skilled people from a metal fabrication and welding background to join us at Emerson Automation Solutions. Every day we are building systems for customers spanning chemical, pharma and refining industries as well as building traditional and renewable energy projects throughout North America. Every solution we create features market leading products and software from Emerson. If you are a fabrication professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our St. Louis location, you will be part of our North America Integration Center Team manufacturing process modules, piping systems, and control equipment buildings which drive our customers' operations.
AS A FABRICATOR, YOU WILL:
- Be responsible for fabricating support structures and piping assemblies per project requirements from start to finish and ensuring work is completed in accordance to the customer's specifications as well as industry standards
- Lay out from design drawings, operate and setup manual or automatic fabricating machinery to cut and weld sheet metal and structural members
- Weld utilizing GMAW, GTAW, FCAW processes and operates spot welder
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Operate weld equipment, acetylene torches, plasma cutters, hand grinders, saws & drill presses in the fabrication and assembly of various structures and piping systems, including material preparation and performance of TIG & MIG processes in stainless and carbon steel materials per fabrication drawings and the applicable welding code specification
- Must be able to understand and follow fabrication drawings and be familiar with standard fabrication details and allowances.
- Must have a working knowledge of trigonometry and geometry, and basic metal working.
- Must be knowledgeable of ASME and AWS welding specifications.
- Must be a fully certified welder.
- Must be able lift 49 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and withstand noise, heat/cold extremes.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Ability to pass forklift driver test upon request
- Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Profit Sharing
Apply on company website