Emerus is a nationally recognized, innovative leader in the delivery of inpatient, surgical, and diagnostic medical health care. Specializing in the identification, development and management of improved-access community medical facilities, Emerus provides cost effective, scalable growth opportunities to large-scale, national health care systems throughout the United States.
By providing operationally efficient facilities and focused alignment with current health care trends, Emerus' community-based hospitals prioritize limited inpatient stays, efficient emergency rooms and cost effective pricing in a smaller campus setting. Based in The Woodlands, Texas, Emerus has more than 1,000 employees, with expert concentrations in over 20 different fields throughout the medical industry.
This position will play a key role in the month-end financial close processes to ensure complete and accurate financial statements are prepared on a timely basis. The position works side-by-side with the Accounting Manager and Senior Level Accountants in carrying out the day-to-day responsibilities of the Accounting Department. This position will play an important role in the department's efforts to continuously improve the clarity and accuracy of financials in a fast paced, growing business environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for assisting with monthly close process, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, reviewing financial statements and preparing related analyses
- Responsible for preparation of general ledger account reconciliations, including analyzing financial data to ensure the accuracy of accounting records. Responsible for identifying and resolving reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Work with team to streamline existing processes and to eliminate redundant or non-value-added work to continue to keep pace with company growth while minimizing the expansion of existing resources by determining ways to continually improve existing processes either through automation or re-design of existing business practices.
- Assist with the preparation of analyses and collection of other supporting documentation for the Company's annual external audit and income tax returns preparation.
- Performs any other assigned duty as directed by management.
Other Job Functions
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Willingness and ability to work overtime
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 2+ years accounting experience, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, required
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software, preferred
- Experience with Blackline account reconciliation software, preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic and evolving company environment
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, required
- Healthcare industry experience, preferred
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication
Apply on company website