Job Details Description
The RN - Evening/Weekend Care:
• Under physician's orders, the nurse is responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family needs and for providing preventative and supportive care to the terminally ill patient/family unit.
•Utilizes assessment, intervention and teaching skills to maximize patient comfort and to enhance the quality of life to the patient/family unit.
• Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Valid Florida license as a Registered Nurse.
o Valid Florida State Driver's License
•Continuing education: As required for licensure
o Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association
• Prefer one (1) year experience in an acute or post acute care setting
• Preferred experience caring for terminal patients and others with life threatening illnesses.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee's HR file.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza and COVID-19 program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Providing compassionate, full life care is an honor we take seriously at Empath Health. Join our team and make a positive impact in the community!
:Education Experience Licenses & Certifications
Apply on company website