Suncoast Hospice, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a Social Worker to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Social Worker completes a psychosocial assessment of each patient and family and provides medical social work services and case management support to all assigned hospice patients and their families based on the patient/family need and acceptance of these services. The Social Worker is responsible to assist the patient/family in reaching the maximum benefit from hospice care and services.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
• At least one year of social work experience in a healthcare setting (the one-year Masters level internship would meet this requirement) and has a current Florida license, or
• Is registered with the State of Florida as a Registered Intern actively working on licensure, or
• Is in the process of becoming a Registered Intern with the State of Florida and will have a registration within 90 days of hire.
o LCSW or registered social work intern licensed eligible
o Valid Florida State Driver's License
• Continuing Education: As required for licensure.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee's HR file.
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website