Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
Tap into the professional possibilities of the largest publicly traded energy partnership that features one of the most diversified cash flow streams in the midstream segment of the energy industry. With dynamic career opportunities and a creative and supportive environment, our unique midstream energy organization offers the chance to share and be recognized for your ideas. Join our team and increase your opportunities for success.
The Intermediate Accountant in the Property Accounting department is responsible for maintaining the accounting records of the company's fixed assets throughout their lifecycle, i.e. from construction or purchase to retirement or sale. All capital costs are accumulated by a specific project AFE number. Upon completion, the costs are analyzed and specific assets are identified as well as the applicable cost for each. These assets are then added within Oracle FA system to control the cost tracking, depreciation calculations, and for analysis purposes. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform monthly construction and retirement AFE closings on multiple companies, which include the unitization of assets for both FERC and GAAP.
- Enter asset cost information into Oracle Fixed Assets System for the purpose of calculating monthly depreciation and asset tracking.
- Perform monthly property retirements and determine the amount of gain or loss to be recorded.
- Ensure entries in Oracle Fixed Assets System are correct before distribution to General Ledger.
- Reconcile Oracle Fixed Assets system to the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
- Provide asset data to the Tax department for preparation of the tax returns.
- Provide auditors various asset data during the quarterly audit review.
- Prepare a multitude of reports for financial, tax, and regulatory purposes.
- This position requires interaction with Project Managers as well as personnel in financial accounting, operations, tax, and commercial.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and capitalization rules is required.
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years of accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience working with Oracle Financial Systems is a plus.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Must exhibit self-motivation, ability to accept additional responsibility, willingness to accept new challenges, possess strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team environment as well as individually.
- Effective written and oral communication skills within all levels of the organization are required.
- Time management, detailed-oriented, and organized, with ability to multi-task.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and industry concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and make judgments as to the accuracy of accounting data.
Apply on company website